CONSENT & PERSONAL DATA MANAGEMENT MATTER
A Wi-Fi service is an excellent platform for hypertargeted marketing. Our customers have been asking for tools to get end-users’ consent to use their personal data for marketing. They also want to give end-users transparent access to that personal information. In some markets such as Europe, with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , it’s required by law. In all markets, it makes common business sense. Learn all about what GDPR means for a Wi-Fi service.
With Aptilo Guest Wi-Fi Cloud ™ (GWC) your back is covered. You get access to our award-winning consent & personal data management features. With our optional module for self-management, you can even minimize the load on your customer service organization. Use the Aptilo GWC Privacy Self-Management™ module to let end-users manage their own consent and personal data.
GDPR COMPLIANT CORE
The Aptilo Guest Wi-Fi Cloud™ has inherent functionality for personal data protection:
- The time that personal raw data are saved is 30 days
- Personal session data is aggregated and thus anonymized for analytics
- Centralized log function
- Audit log – who has done what in the system, can be requested from Aptilo
- Automatic purge of accounts after expiration, purge time can be set by customer
- Support for export of personal data