The mobile industry is always running toward the next “big thing” whether it be unlicensed LTE, small cells or 5G. At the same time there is currently a strong “Wi-Fi First” trend among users and service providers.
Wi-Fi will clearly work in concert with 5G and Wi-Fi delivers the capacity and latency today that 5G is promising to deliver tomorrow. Can Wi-Fi be a testbed for future 5G services?
There are currently more reasons than ever why mobile operators need to have a Wi-Fi strategy.
Topics to be discussed include:
- To what extent does latency effect the user experience?
- Can Wi-Fi be a testbed for future 5G services?
- 4G didn’t make Wi-Fi redundant. Will it be any different with 5G?
- Is the Wi-Fi First trend “Uberization” of telecom?
- How big of a threat is Wi-Fi First combined with eSIM and how will eSIM effect churn?
- How can Wi-Fi help operators to reduce churn?
- Where is the money in Carrier Wi-Fi?
- Why is Venue Wi-Fi important? (operator-managed Guest Wi-Fi to venues and enterprises is important)