STOCKHOLM — Aptilo Networks is launching a new version of its system solution for public WLAN, also known as wireless hotspots. System release 3.0 features a number of enhancements and simplified functions for users, such as support for additional payment models and even further centralized system functionality for improved flexibility and lower operational costs.
“We have developed our system to meet requirements from operators, ISPs and location area owners. We have also made it easier for end users to connect to networks and pay for Internet access and local network services. System 3.0 functions without the end users having to adapt their computer settings so that it now is “plug & play,” says Torbjörn Wård, CEO of Aptilo Networks.
Aptilo’s system solution has been purpose designed to manage and operate Wireless Hotspots and offer end-to-end functionality from the Wireless Hotspot to the operator of hotspot Network Operation Center. It also integrates toward surrounding operator support systems such as customer care and billing system. Thanks to the centralized system functionality and Aptilo’s system architecture it offers extensive scalability and low start-up costs.
Aptilo’s new upgraded system offers:
- Support for several different business models, for example prepaid subscriptions such as vouchers, payment via credit/payment cards, and payment via mobile telephone subscriptions.
- Easy and central management of all login and payment functions, enabling customers to be in full control of the design, look-and-feel and the local functionality.
- Generic interface for external payment and registration systems.
- Better roaming possibilities between various public WLAN operators, which mean the possibility for the end users to pay via their normal subscriptions in another operator’s network.
- Management of different proxy and IP settings for total “plug & play” or “zero-configuration”.
- More centrally located network functionality for improved operations costs and scalability.
- Full support for log on-clients from iPass and GRIC plus support for 802.1x.
Aptilo was recently awarded the “Newcomer of the year” for its system solution that according to the awarded jury’s motivation is “A solution that makes it possible to quickly and easy use the Mobile Internet. Exactly what is needed to increase usage of more advanced mobile services.”
For more information about Aptilo Network’s upgraded system solution visit www.aptilo.com
About Aptilo Networks
Aptilo Networks develops and provides system solutions to operators of unlicensed wireless networks, such as WLAN (802.11) and Bluetooth, and provide hot-spot services to local area owners. The company is Stockholm-based, with a regional office for Asia-Pacific in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Aptilo was founded as a spin off from the Mobile Internet division of Axis Communications. Aptilo’s suite of solutions offers operators a convenient and effective way to integrate access points in an advanced wireless public hot spot environments. It enables payment via service subscription, credit cards, by integration with mobile operators to pay with mobile phone subscriptions and also other payment enablers such as iPASS/GRIC and other customer bases.
More information about Aptilo Networks can be found on the web at: www.aptilo.com
Paul Mikkelsen, VP Marketing
Tel: 0709-31 69 46
Jan Sjönell, VP Sales
Tel: +60 123 776 775