Aptilo Wi-Fi subscriber management
The Wi-Fi subscriber management function in Aptilo Service Management Platform™ (SMP) provides administration of user accounts. The accounts can reside either in the built-in database or in an external database. Furthermore, the Wi-Fi subscriber management function features voucher management, end-user self provisioning and specific support for wholesale of services.
With the subscriber management you can:
- View and manually create, modify and delete user accounts online
- Generate multiple accounts and vouchers using naming conventions
- Batch import and/or export multiple user accounts using CSV files
- Flexibly search user data based on value, key or both using wildcards
- Refund credit card transactions
- Set e-mail notifications for users for account expiry
The Aptilo system supports authentication look-up from external sources based on Active Directory, LDAP, SOAP/XML, RSA SecurID, RADIUS and Diameter.
The Aptilo hierarchical account structure allows a whole family to share the same main account while still having their individual devices as sub-accounts.
The administrator of the main account can add and delete all sub-accounts under the main account, through a web-self care portal.
The quota for time and/or data set for the main account can be distributed over the sub-accounts e.g. devices. In this example the family may have 200 GB per month and select how much data each device should get. There can also be different ratings applied for different sub-accounts.
The hierarchical account structure is very flexible. There are many applications for which hierarchical accounts are an ideal solution, these are the most common examples:
- Multiple devices per subscriber sharing the same quota
- Add a MAC-based account for a period of time for seamless access (remember me function)
- Hundreds of people at an event sharing the same voucher account.
With the optional voucher management module, the service provider can create vouchers including access codes and serial numbers associated with a pre-defined account type in the Aptilo SMP.
Physical voucher cards are particularly useful e.g. to top up an existing prepaid account or during a service launch (promotion).
The voucher management module supports:
- E-vouchers with one-time access codes.
- Batch generation of vouchers including access codes and serial numbers, can be used for external physical voucher creation.
- Import/export of voucher codes from/to other systems with csv-files.
- Batch creation of multiple physical vouchers in PDF format.
- Wholesale support, wholesale operator can virtually supply multiple service providers with their own voucher generator, allowing them to sell wireless access under their own brand.
End-user self provisioning
End-users can sign-up for service and view and edit certain parts of the account information e.g. view last payments and prior sessions online through a web self-care portal.
The optional account activation module allows the service provider to create inactive accounts for an existing customer base. The user will identify himself and activate the account by sending an SMS or by typing in a pre-defined user name/password.
If the received credentials are correct, the account will automatically activate and the user get access to the service.
When using SMS as the authentication mechanism, the mobile number is stored along with the account information. This provides unique information about the end-user for later validation if needed.
The Aptilo SMP is built for multi-tenancy. Service providers can run multiple B2B customers from the same scalable platform. They can also allow these customers to provision their own user accounts.
This multi-tenancy functionality is one of the core building blocks in the Aptilo SMP Venue Wi-Fi Manager™. It also makes the Aptilo Guest Wi-Fi Cloud™ service reseller friendly. Resellers can sign-up for one master account and then handle all their business customers in a hierarchical fashion under their own master account.